ABOUT THE COURSE?
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to assist with dust suppression on site, ensuring safer driving conditions for all.
- Ideal for anyone wishing to gain entry level roles as a Machinery Operator within the mining / quarrying sector.
- Another entry level machine in the industry that combines well with the Dump Truck ticket as they are similar machines to drive. This increases your skill set and starts you on the path to becoming a Multi-Skilled Operator.
- Please note: Dump Trucks can have multiple attachments ie: water tanks / open box bed etc, so, both the Water Truck and Dump Truck are the same to drive.
- You will be training on a site where you will be assisting with dust suppression, working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation, operating a minimum of CAT 773 mine specific machine.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 0490 057 435 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
Whilst the mines will take you through training as an entry level person, you are increasing your chances of gaining employment as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine.
As the dump trucks and the water trucks are normally the same or similar trucks, it is very easy to transition over and, from an employer’s point of view, it is an asset to have someone with this skill (the reason for this is that if the Water Cart Operator does not turn up for work, they have someone to replace them or vice versa. Having this qualification therefore makes you more valuable to them and is the start to becoming a multi-skilled operator).
WHAT DO YOU GAIN
RIIMPO206D – Conduct Bulk Water Truck Operations
Whilst training you will be taught the following:
• Pre-start machinery check / Post-machinery check – checking for defects on your machine
• Learn about the truck interior and the function of all the equipment
• Horn signalling – used when entering / leaving pits etc
• Positive radio communications
• Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
• How to drive the machine with / without water
• Applying water distribution techniques
• Completion of dust suppression activities
• Emergency braking
• How to control truck in slippery conditions
• Gears to use when driving up / down inclines
• How to “tag out” equipment