RIIMPO206D – Conduct Bulk Water Truck Operations
The main use of a Water Cart is to drive around the site releasing water where required to provide dust suppression on site – this makes it one of the most important machines on site as the site cannot operate without dust suppression.
It is as simple to drive as the Dump Truck so is a great entry level role.
If you have had any experience operating other machinery, it is easy to transition but for others there is a fear factor that can stop them:-
- They are so big how would I handle one?
- I’m so young / old / tall / short / fat how would I go driving one?
- This is so out of my comfort zone
- Every job I’ve had in the past had NOTHING to do with machinery
We have been running this course for many years and people from all walks of life / all ages complete it with ease so don’t let the fear stop you from your goal – we promise you it’s worth it!
ABOUT THE COURSE:-
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to assist with dust suppression on site, ensuring safer driving conditions for all.
- You will be training on a site working under the Mining & Quarrying Act where you will be assisting with dust suppression, working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation, operating a mine specific machine.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 1300 414 341 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- Water carts are automatic so easy to operate
- Combining this ticket with the dump truck will start you on your journey as a Multi-Skilled Operator and a larger pay packet.
- COMPLETING THIS WATER CART TRAINING COURSE CAN INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GAINING EMPLOYMENT as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
- Many employers believe that doing training shows you are serious about your career, so you are generally favoured over those who have no tickets.
- From an employer’s point of view, it is an asset to have someone who can operate both Dump Truck and Water Truck as they can use you in either machine when required, making you a more valuable employee.
We take you through your training in a CAT 773 machine. This will allow you get the feel of operating a vehicle larger than you are used to and getting familiar with all aspects of the operation without being overwhelmed by the biggest machines.
The skills you will be taught are:-
- Pre-start machinery check / Post-machinery check – checking for defects on your machine
• Learn about the truck interior and the function of all the equipment
• Horn signalling – used when entering / leaving pits etc
• Positive radio communications
• Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
• How to drive the machine with / without water
• Applying water distribution techniques
• Completion of dust suppression activities
• Emergency braking
• How to control truck in slippery conditions
• Gears to use when driving up / down inclines
• How to “tag out” equipment