One Student + One Truck + One Training = Our Nationally Accredited Training.
Water truck training is in high demand. Why? Well, despite being relatively straightforward to drive, the bulk water truck is one of the most essential machines on a mine site. The critical role of a water cart operator is to drive around the site spraying water to suppress dust and meet the EPA standards. Without a water truck, excessive amounts of dust may stop operations on a mine site.
The My Solution Training water truck course is a great way to kickstart your career in mining and start earning the big bucks. Regardless of whether you have had prior machinery experience, or you are transitioning from a completely different career, it has never been easier to get the qualifications to become a water cart operator and enter the mining industry.
Even if you have the confidence to undertake Water Truck training, you may ask yourself the following questions:
- How would I handle something so big?
- Do I fit the mould of a miner? I am too young/old/tall/short/big/small/female to be able to drive one.
- How do I transfer my skills if my previous job had nothing to do with mining?
Rest assured that our team of experienced trainers have assisted people from all walks of life in completing the water cart course. Our trainers are mine-site professionals that can help you gain both your water cart license (ticket) and the confidence to use the bulk water truck on site.
With your determination and our help, we will have you succeeding as a water cart operator in no time.
RIIMPO206D – Conduct Bulk Water Truck Operations
This entry-level water truck training course is Nationally Accredited.
Throughout the course you will:
- Learn how to assist with dust suppression on-site, ensuring safer driving conditions for all.
- Train on a site working under the Mining & Quarrying Act.
- Spend valuable one on one time in the truck with our trainer doing real-time operation of a mine specific machine.
At the conclusion of the water truck course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment that allows you to operate any size/model bulk water truck.
Who Can Undertake Water Truck Training?
The mining industry does not discriminate, and our water truck training course reflects this. Designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery, people from all walks of life can complete this training and leave with enough knowledge to be mine-ready.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s license (learner licenses not accepted, drivers must be on their preliminary license or higher).
We also require all students to have basic English and comprehension skills to complete the written component of the haul truck course. If you are new to the country or feel that language may be a barrier, please give our team a call on 1300 414 341 so that we can help set you up for success.
Remember: don’t let age, gender, background or self-doubt stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the mining industry!
Why Do The Water Truck Training?
Choosing to invest in your future with a water truck course at My Solution Training can help increase your chances of gaining employment.
Bulking out your mining resume with tickets such as your water truck training and dump truck training will help you stand out amongst a sea of applicants and show employers that you have the necessary drive and motivation needed to succeed in mining.
Many people choose to obtain their water cart license because:
- Water carts are automatic and are not overly technical.
- When combined with a dump truck ticket, you are considered a multi-skilled operator which opens up more work opportunities and a larger pay packet.
- Adding the water cart training to another ticket is cost-effective and makes you an asset to mining companies as you can work either machine when required.
- The water truck training course is an ideal starting point for anyone wishing to gain access to entry-level jobs in mining and other associated industries.
Water Truck Course Outline
The water truck training course has been created to provide you with a thorough understanding and hands-on practical experience in the operation of a bulk water truck.
Throughout the course, you will have one-on-one access to a qualified trainer that will help guide you on your journey to becoming a water cart operator. You will train in a vehicle similar to those used in the day to day operations of bulk water distribution on a mine site.
Our trainer’s insight, coupled with your time practising with the loading, transporting and distribution of bulk water on an active site well equip you with plenty of knowledge and get you familiar with the job requirements.
The water truck course covers the following procedures:
- Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment
- Horn signalling – used to signal when entering and leaving the sites
- Positive radio communications
- Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
- Driving the vehicle empty and fully loaded
- Operating on-site with other machinery
- Emergency braking
- Controlling the truck in slippery conditions
- Reversing up to equipment for loading and unloading
- Correct distribution techniques
- Completion of production forms
- Tagging out of equipment
- Applying water distribution techniques
- Completion of dust suppression activities.
Duration: Timeframes depend on your prior experience. My Solution Training has an excellent reputation in the industry; we take great pride in our training so you can rest assured that you are in skilful hands. Our goal is to maximise student one on one time in the truck and ensure you are confident when you leave.
Packages: Our students tend to package their training to save on the investment into their future career. The water truck training can be packaged with several other RII’s, including Moxy truck, dump truck driving and the S11 Induction.
Location: The course is run at our Ipswich site, approximately 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north of the Gold Coast.
Are you from another state? If you are not local to QLD, we can provide you with a comprehensive list of accommodation and travel options. Please contact our expert team, and we will be happy to assist, especially in the current global climate.
Our second to none team is the preferred provider of water truck training in VIC, QLD, NSW, SA and around Australia. It is hard to find one-on-one experience anywhere else.
Other Info: Our RTO, Infront Training run this course, trading as My Solution Training (31137). Our team has many years of mining knowledge and experience and genuinely enjoy helping others begin their mining careers.
Ready to book or need more information?
Contact us now on 1300 414 341 or leave your details below and our team will contact you shortly.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly