MINING SUPERVISOR – G1, G8, G9 – S123 COURSE
This course is made up of 3 units that when completed together make up the what is known as a number of different names:- Mining Supervisor / G1, G8, G9 / S123 course.
This is for people who wish to step up into a Supervisory role and can be used in both the mining and civil sector.
**PLEASE NOTE: This course can be completed ONLINE or FACE TO FACE.
Each unit can be completed as a separate unit.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Comprised of the following units:-
G1 / S1 – RIIRIS301D Apply Risk Management Processes
G8 / S2 – RIIWHS301D Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
G9 / S3 – RIICOM301D Communicate Information
- Designed to teach you the skills to be an effective Supervisor
- Upon completion of this course you will be issued with a full Statement of Attainment valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
We suggest that this course is designed for people who wish to “step-up” in their existing industry rather using it as stepping stone to enter a new industry. You must be 18 years of age to complete this course.
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us to have a chat as we have many people doing this course that may have difficulty reading and writing, they may be dyslexic, they may struggle a bit with English – do not let this stop you from completing your course and achieving your goal of gaining employment in the industry!!
- RIIRIS301D – Apply risk management processes
This unit will give you the skills and knowledge required to apply risk management processes that safely, effectively and efficiently meet of all the required outcomes. It includes:- identifying the criteria to determine an unacceptable risk
- RIIWHS301D – Conduct safety and health investigations
This unit will give you the knowledge and skills to conduct safety and health investigations in line with industry standards both within mining and civil.
- RIICOM301D – Communicate information
This unit will teach you how to effectively communicate information to ensure that the information provided to staff is clear, concise and authentic.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Ensure all safety guidelines and regulations are being adhered to
- Understand risk management concepts
- Create and implement safety plans / site working instructions
- Ensure all risk assessments are following company policies
- Conduct incident investigations
- Reporting any hazards / breaches of safety to correct department
- Document effective course of action to prevent / resolve the issue re-occurring
- Communicate effectively with employees regarding both personal and work related issues
ONLINE – As this is a self-paced course, the time limit is up to you. If required urgently, the marking can be completed within a business day of completing the material and a certificate issued the same day as being deemed competent (please note:- there is the facility to liaise with a trainer if required).
FACE TO FACE – 2 days
The course is run at our Ipswich site which is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD
*Please note – if you are not local to the area, we can provide you with a comprehensive list of accommodation and travel options, just ask one of our friendly staff for the information.
GROUP BOOKINGS:- Please contact us to find out if we can come to you if you have a group booking.
PER UNIT – $200
AS A 3 UNIT PACKAGE – $490
COMBINED WITH G2 UNIT – $590
This course is run by our RTO – Infront Training Trading as My Solution Training (31137).
They have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly