1 STUDENT + 1 TRUCK + 1 TRAINER = OUR NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING
RIIMPO310F – CONDUCT GRADER OPERATIONS
The Grader is mainly used for construction / maintenance of roads. This qualification can be used in both mining and construction.
ABOUT THE COURSE:-
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to safely operate the Grader.
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation.
- At the end of the course, you will receive a fully Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment allowing you to operate any size Grader.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 1300 414 341 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- Road maintenance / construction is needed in both the mining and civil sector
- Gaining this qualification can help you get into mining or into local road construction companies
- Due to large equipment constantly operating on mine roads, maintenance of the roads is required on a regular basis
- Completing this course lets the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
- Many employers recognise that completing training shows you are serious about your future career and can favour you over others seeking employment.
This course has been created to provide you with an understanding and hands on practical experience in the operation of a Dump Truck.
You will be provided with your own trainer and truck and will be operating on a site working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
We will take you through the following procedures:-
- Pre-start machinery walk around – checking for defects on your machine
- Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment in the cabin
- Horn signalling – used to notify team members of your movements
- Positive radio communications
- Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
- Spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone, to grade specifications in construction and maintenance of earthworks
- Move levers to regulate height and angle of grader blade, lower scarifier that loosens packed soil to permit grading, and tilt front wheels of grader when making sharp turns
- Emergency braking
- Tagging out of equipment
My Solution Training has an excellent reputation in the industry and we take great pride in our training. We have spent years fine tuning our training to give each student maximum drive time in a one on one scenario. Timeframes can depend on your experience – contact us to find out more.
The course is run at our Ipswich site which is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD
*Please note – if you are not local to the area, we can provide you with a comprehensive list of accommodation and travel options, just ask one of our friendly staff for the information.
This course is run by our RTO – Infront Training Trading as My Solution Training (31137).
They have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly