1 STUDENT + 1 TRUCK + 1 TRAINER
= OUR NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING
WHAT IS THE COURSE FOR?
The Dump Truck Training course has been created to provide you with an understanding / hands on practical experience in the operation of a Dump Truck.
You will be training on a site where you will be assisting with removal of overburden, working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
The dump truck training course is ideal for anyone wishing to gain entry level roles as a Dump Truck Driver within the mining / quarrying sector.
It is one on one training where you will have real time operation, operating a minimum of CAT 773 mine specific machine.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This Dump Truck Training course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 0490 057 435 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and achieving your goal of gaining employment in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
Dump truck roles are the best opportunity to get into the mining sector as an operator due to the fact that:
- There are more dump trucks on site compared to any other machinery
- The most common entry level opportunities are dump truck
- Whilst the mines will take you through training as an entry level person, completing this dump truck training course can increase your chances of gaining employment as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
Whilst training you will be taught the following:
• Pre-start machinery check / Post-machinery check – checking for defects on your machine
• Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment
• Horn signalling – used to signal entering / leaving pits
• Positive radio communications
• Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
• Driving the machine empty / loaded
• Driving on site with other machinery
• Emergency braking
• Control truck in slippery conditions
• Reversing up to an excavator to accept a load
• Correct dumping techniques
• Completion of production forms
• Tagging out of equipment
DUMP TRUCK TRAINING COURSE DURATION
My Solution Training Dump Truck Course runs for a minimum of 2 days at our Ipswich site where you will be working under the Mining and Quarry Act.
If combined with the Water Truck course, the time spent in either machine may be used towards “time in seat” due to the fact that both machines you will be operating are CAT 773’s, so you will be getting driving experience no matter which truck you are in.
Our course is run at our site at Ipswich. It is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD.
*This site is run under the Mining and Quarry Act.*
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly
The dump truck training course is run by our awesome trainers from My Solution using the material from their partnering RTO Tectra (RTO 40889).
Between them, they have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.