1 STUDENT + 1 TRUCK + 1 TRAINER
= OUR NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING
RIIMPO338E – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
Most people like the idea of driving a truck and some have the confidence and skills to be able to do it, but for others there is a fear factor there that can stop them:-
- They are so big how would I handle one
- I’m so young / old / tall / short / fat how would I go driving one
- This is so out of my comfort zone
- Every job I’ve had in the past had NOTHING to do with machinery
We have been running this course for many years and people from all walks of life / all ages complete it with ease so don’t let the fear stop you from your goal – we promise you it’s worth it!
ABOUT THE COURSE:-
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to safely operate the Dump Truck.
- You will be training on a site working under the Mining & Quarrying Act where you will be assisting with removing overburden (which is the material on top of the coal).
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation, operating a mine specific machine.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 1300 414 341 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
The dump truck is the most common machine to get a start in mining with. There are a number of reasons for this:-
- It is the most widely used machine in mining. Just as an example – For every excavator on site there is an average of 50 dump trucks being used in one shift (and there are normally more than 1 excavator on site).
- As the dump truck is mainly used to drive to the excavator, accept a load and drive to tip the load it is not overly technical – there are also not a lot of levers on dump trucks just the one to tip the back up to unload.
- Dump trucks are automatic so easy to operate
- Even though they can be huge, they are only allowed to be driven at a maximum of 40kms per hour so the size feels less daunting
- Whilst the mines will take you through training as an entry level person, completing this dump truck training course can increase your chances of gaining employment as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
- Additionally employers like the fact that you were serious enough to do training to get a job, so you are generally favoured over those who have no tickets.
This course has been created to provide you with an understanding and hands on practical experience in the operation of a Dump Truck.
You will be provided with your own trainer and truck and will be operating on an active site where you will be assisting with the removal of overburden which is the material on top of the coal, working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
We take you through your training in a CAT 773 machine. This will allow you get the feel of operating a vehicle larger than you are used to and getting familiar with all aspects of the operation without being overwhelmed by the biggest machines.
- Pre check of the machine – when operating machinery it is important to check the machine for any defects or issues
• Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment
• Horn signalling – used to signal entering / leaving pits
• Positive radio communications
• Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
• Driving the machine empty / loaded
• Driving on site with other machinery
• Emergency braking
• Control truck in slippery conditions
• Reversing up to an excavator to accept a load
• Correct dumping techniques
• Completion of production forms
• Tagging out of equipment
DUMP TRUCK TRAINING COURSE DURATION
My Solution Training Dump Truck Course runs at our Ipswich site where you will be working under the Mining and Quarry Act.
If combined with the Water Truck course, the time spent in either machine may be used towards “time in seat” due to the fact that both machines you will be operating are CAT 773’s, so you will be getting driving experience no matter which truck you are in.
Our course is run at our site at Ipswich. It is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD.
*This site is run under the Mining and Quarry Act.*
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly
This course is run by our RTO – Infront Training Trading as My Solution Training (31137).
They have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.