1 STUDENT + 1 TRUCK + 1 TRAINER = OUR NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING
RIIMPO337E – CONDUCT ARTICULATED HAUL TRUCK OPERATIONS
Also known as the Moxy Truck, the Articulated Haul Truck is predominantly used in construction (both on and off mine sites) as well as in underground mines. Whilst the rigid haul truck is the most commonly used machine on mines this machine can assist you to get a “foot in the door” of the mining sector.
ABOUT THE COURSE:-
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to safely operate the Dump Truck.
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation, operating one of the larger trucks – CAT 730 (the largest being a CAT 740)
- At the end of the course, you will receive a fully Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment allowing you to operate any size Articulated Dump Truck.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 1300 414 341 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
The moxy dump truck is the most common machine used in the construction sector so can help you to get a start in mining and in civil construction. There are a number of reasons for this:-
- There are many trucks on sites – generally more trucks than any other machine meaning more job opportunities.
- As the dump truck is mainly used to transport material it is not overly technical to operate (unlike other machinery which can do a multitude of tasks).
- Dump trucks are automatic so easy to operate
- These machines are large but the maximum speed they can be driven is 40kms per hour. They are operated in a strictly controlled environment, making it much easier to operate these than driving vehicles on a busy metropolitan road with uncontrolled traffic situations.
- Whilst the mines will take you through training as an entry level person, COMPLETING THIS DUMP TRUCK TRAINING COURSE CAN INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GAINING EMPLOYMENT as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
- Many employers recognise that completing training shows you are serious about your future career and can favour you over others seeking employment.
This course has been created to provide you with an understanding and hands on practical experience in the operation of a Dump Truck.
You will be provided with your own trainer and truck and will be operating on a site working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
We will take you through the following procedures:-
- Pre-start machinery walk around – checking for defects on your machine
- Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment in the cabin
- Horn signalling – used to notify team members of your movements
- Positive radio communications
- Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
- Driving the machine empty / loaded
- Driving on site with other machinery
- Emergency braking
- Control truck in slippery conditions
- Reversing up to an excavator/front end loader to accept a load
- Correct dumping techniques
- Completion of production forms
- Tagging out of equipment
My Solution Training has an excellent reputation in the industry and we take great pride in our training. We have spent years fine tuning our training to give each student maximum drive time in a one on one scenario. Timeframes can depend on your experience – contact us to find out more.
The course is run at our Ipswich site which is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD
*Please note – if you are not local to the area, we can provide you with a comprehensive list of accommodation and travel options, just ask one of our friendly staff for the information.
This course is run by our RTO – Infront Training Trading as My Solution Training (31137).
They have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly