1 STUDENT + 1 TRUCK + 1 TRAINER = OUR NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING
RIIMPO206D – CONDUCT BULK WATER TRUCK OPERATIONS
The main use of a Water Cart is to drive around the site releasing water where required to provide dust suppression on site to meet with the EPA standards – this makes it one of the most important machines on site as work may be forced to cease without dust suppression.
As the main task is to drive and spray the water cart is fairly easy to operate.
ABOUT THE COURSE:-
This NATIONALLY ACCREDITED course is:
- Designed to teach you how to assist with dust suppression on site, ensuring safer driving conditions for all.
- It is one on one training where you will have real time operation in real mine size machinery.
- At the end of the course, you will receive a fully Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment allowing you to operate any size / model Water Truck.
WHO CAN UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of large machinery.
You must be 18 years of age and hold a driver’s licence (a minimum of a preliminary licence or P Plates)
Please note: You are required to have basic English skills so if you have learning difficulties or are new to the country and feel that language may be a barrier, it is best to call us on 1300 414 341 so we can chat – do not let this stop you from completing your course and fulfilling your goal of operating machinery in the industry!!
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- Water carts are automatic, not overly technical, so are easy to operate
- Combining this ticket with the dump truck will start you on your journey as a Multi-Skilled Operator and a larger pay packet.
- Whilst the mines may take you on COMPLETING THIS WATER CART TRAINING COURSE CAN INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GAINING EMPLOYMENT as the employer knows that you have the basic skills to get in and operate the machine and abide by site driving protocols.
- Many employers recognise that completing training shows you are serious about your future career and can favour you over others seeking employment.
- From an employer’s point of view, it is an asset to have someone who can operate both Dump Truck and Water Truck as they can use you in either machine when required, making you a more valuable employee.
This course has been created to provide you with an understanding and hands on practical experience in the operation of a Water Cart.
You will be provided with your own trainer and truck and will be operating on a site working under the Mining and Quarrying Act.
We will take you through the following procedures:-
- Knowledge of truck interior and the function of all the equipment
- Horn signalling – used to notify team members of your movements
- Positive radio communications
- Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
- Applying water distribution techniques
- Completion of dust suppression activities
- Emergency braking
- Tagging out of equipment
My Solution Training has an excellent reputation in the industry and we take great pride in our training. We have spent years fine tuning our training to give each student maximum drive time in a one on one scenario. Timeframes can depend on your experience – contact us to find out more.
The course is run at our Ipswich site which is located about 40 minutes south-west of Brisbane and 40 minutes north west of the Gold Coast in QLD
*Please note – if you are not local to the area, we can provide you with a comprehensive list of accommodation and travel options, just ask one of our friendly staff for the information.
This course is run by our RTO – Infront Training Trading as My Solution Training (31137).
They have many years of mining knowledge and experience and are friendly, helpful and truly enjoy training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW ON 1300 414 341 or leave your details and someone will contact you shortly